Michael Callahan is a widely sought after Master Career Coach & Certified Life Coach.
“Transpersonal” means I work with the whole person. When people speak with me about their work or anything else, this conversation usually encompasses important factors such as the meaning they want in their work, service, spirituality, higher purpose and more.
In Career Coaching I work with people at all career levels – Entry Level to Executive. As examples, I work with:
- Students and recent grads beginning a career
- Attorneys contemplating a career change
- Those entering or leaving the non-profit world
- People reentering the workforce after time away
- Artists working full time or part time in an Art that they love
- People not fitting any particular category but needing guidance in seeking work
As a Certfied Life Coach I facilitate growth, development and progress to achieve goals, overcome obstacles and make changes or shifts in life direction. This may be in the areas of Business, Wellness, Relationships, Creativity, Getting “Unstuck” and much more. Life Coaching offers opportunities for gaining clarity & having Accountability with your Coach.
With a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Philosophy, a Master’s Degree in Divinity and Pastoral Counseling and additional studies and certifications in Human Resources and Career Counseling and Resume writing at NYU and several top tier Outplacement Providers, advanced Coaching development in the “Coaching with Spirit” program at the The Graduate Institute in Bethany CT and Certification in Life Coaching with “ExpertRating, I focus on helping individuals with very important aspects of their lives—career fulfillment and personal progress. My expertise relates to helping you identify and pursue work and life goals that energize you, suit your abilities, and meet your additional desires related to salary, benefits, work hours, location, and opportunities for advancement.
I am a blog writer (http://workcalling.blogspot.com/) about issues of Meaning and Work. I also recognize that many Job Searchers have a need to pursue employment, meaningful or not, that is primarily for the purpose of “paying the bills” and they draw their sense of meaning and fulfillment from other aspects of their lives such as Family, Hobbies, Arts, etc. I can assist in sorting out these priorities and defining a career direction that works for you.
Education & Experience
- 25 Years senior level experience in Human Resources
- 30 years experience in ministry and Pastoral Counseling
- Advanced Coaching Studies in the “Coaching with Spirit” program at The Graduate Institute in Bethany, CT
- Certified as Life Coach by “ExpertRating”, the widely recognized international certification organization
- Working toward certification with ICF (International Coaching Federation), the premier international Coaching organization (expected June, 2019)
- Chief Administrative Officer for Hitachi Metals America
- Human Resources Consultant for five years; experience with large and small corporations; for-profit, non-profit
- Certified Career Consultant and Resume Writer with two Top Tier Outplacement companies
- Five years experience as Career Counselor and resume writer providing services to individuals and to small and large groups with Lee Hecht Harrison and Kelly Services
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology and Philosophy (double major) from Cathedral College, Queens, NY
- Masters Degree in Divinity and Pastoral Counseling from Immaculate Conception Seminary, Huntington, NY
- 35 years experience as a Catholic priest and associated counseling experience in the Diocese of Rockville Centre, NY and with the Progressive Catholic Church
- 35 years experience as a Wedding Officiant and counseling couples preparing for Marriage
- 10 Years as Professor of Graduate level Human Resources studies at:
– New York Institute of Technology (NYC and LI campuses)
– C.W. Post (Long Island University), Old Westbury, NY
– St. Joseph’s College (Patchogue and Brooklyn campuses)